Here at Wired Production Group, we make events happen. As we look forward to 2017, we are excited about all of the events that we will be helping to make a reality in the corridor area. Meanwhile, we will be taking a holiday break to give our dedicated team a much-needed break. While we’re not involved in some of these events, we wanted to share them with all of our fans so that you can stay connected while you enjoy the holidays! Check them out:
- Holiday Mansion Tours: Celebrate holidays past by participating in Brucemore’s annual tradition, Holiday Mansion Tours, November 25 through December 31, 2015. Visitors will enjoy the seasonal splendor of 13 glowing trees, a dining room set for Christmas dinner, stunning mantel arrangements, the lush garland adornment of the grand staircase, and other seasonal cheer throughout the Mansion. Sunday tours in December will feature live music from the original 1929 Skinner pipe organ. Now through December, 31st.
- Christmas Dinner: The Salvation Army will be hosting their annual Christmas Dinner on Thursday, December 22 from 11:30 AM to 1 PM. The dinner is free and open to the public. If you want to attend to support a great cause, the address is 1000 C Ave NW, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52405. See more information here.
- Daddy-O: If you’re a live music fan, check out this free live concert at Parlor City. Free Live Music in the heart of the New Bohemia District! Partake part of a wonderful selection of craft beer and peruse the historical Cedar Rapids memorabilia in a locally owned restaurant. Thursday, December 22nd from 7-10 PM.
- Friday Night LIVE at Cedar Ridge: Hunter Dumped Us Here is an experimental indie rock/pop band from Cedar Rapids, IA. Fusing storytelling and emotion with aggressively dynamic music, HDUH strives to impact every heart that soaks their music in. With no cover charge, this is a great way to enjoy and support local music, wine and food on Friday, December 23rd from 6-9 PM at Cedar Ridge Winery & Distillery in Swisher.
- Friday Night Flicks: Calling all movie buffs! Friday Night Flicks shows family friendly films every Friday, November-April, from 6-8pm. Friday Night Flicks invites the whole family to shop and eat at NewBo City Market while enjoying the film of the week! The movie on Friday, December 23rd is A Christmas Story.
- The Elves and The Shoemaker: This holiday play is ongoing at the Old Creamery Theatre in Amana until Tuesday, December 27th. Come celebrate the holiday season as a classic tale gets a comic spin. When the kindly old shoemaker can’t pay his rent, it’s elves to the rescue! Rated G. Tickets are $10 and they have showings on Saturdays and have weekday matinees.
- Roughriders: Fargo at the Arena: For all the sports fans out there, head on over to the Southwest side of town on Wednesday, December 28th at 7 PM. The Cedar Rapids RoughRiders are a Tier 1 junior ice hockey team playing in The Stable (The Cedar Rapids Ice Arena).Bring your cowbells & get ready for some intense hockey action because EVERYTHING IS BETTER WITH HOCKEY! Visit their website for more information.
- Kris Kristofferson: Iconic singer, songwriter and actor Kris Kristofferson comes to the Paramount Theatre for a full evening of his music. Called by Rolling Stone Magazine as “one of the greatest songwriters of all time”, and heralded as an artist’s artist, the three-time GRAMMY winner has recorded 27 albums, including three with pals Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings as part of the Highwaymen. Kristofferson has spent three decades performing concerts all over the world, in most recent years in a solo acoustic setting, which puts the focus on the songs. This spring, a boxed set of his first 11 albums, “The Complete Monument & Columbia Album Collection”, was released on Sony. This concert is on December, 28th at 7 PM at the Paramount Theatre.
- New Year’s Eve Snowshoeing: Hit the trail and start 2017 off with an adventure! The Cedar Rapids Museum of Art and ICNC are partnering for this guided snowshoe hike where we’ll discuss how winter is a time for the woods to go to sleep. Learn about which flora and fauna lay their heads to rest until spring. No experience needed. Wear either winter or hiking boots. Feel free to bring hiking poles or ski poles; they are helpful but optional. Program cost covers snowshoe rental. Registration required. M $5; NM $8. This family-friendly event will take place at the Indian Creek Nature Center.
- New Year’s Eve Celebration: If snowshoeing isn’t your thing, then consider a celebration dinner if you don’t already have plans to ring in 2017! New Year’s Eve package includes overnight accommodations, dinner buffet for two with round roast beef & honey baked ham, mashed potatoes, salad & dessert serving from 6:00-8:00 p.m. DJ at 8:00 p.m. in the ballroom. Champagne toast at midnight. $99.00 per couple. Takes place at the Clarion Hotel & Convention Center.
We hope that you all have very happy holidays and ring in the new year by enjoying all of the fun and festivities that our city has to offer! We are so excited to continue to support all of our local business partners and to help bring in a lot of great events in the Corridor in 2017.